Friday, August 14, 2009

Jane Savoie's Dog Teaches Great Life Lessons

I took my dog, Indiana Jones Savoie, to the vet yesterday for some routine shots. As I watched him interact with every person (He actually curls his lips and smiles when he greets each new person!), dog, cat, and ferret, I realized that I could all live my best life by living like a dog. I think that's a great philosophy for everyone.

Think of how you could enrich your life and the lives of the people around you if you simply lived “like a dog”. What character traits do we associate with dogs? To me, they embody loyalty, joy, enthusiasm, and, above all, unconditional love.

Ahhh. Unconditional love. No matter how impatient, lazy, crabby, petty, or self-centered I might be at times, Indy still adores me. He always thinks I am the finest, most wonderful human being on the face of the earth. To him, I’m always “the best”. I certainly don’t want to let him down, so every day I plan to do my utmost to be the person he believes I am. Not a bad goal, wouldn’t you say?

By the way, if you haven't seen Indy do his "Spanish Walk" yet, go to the free dressage newsletter page at www.janesavoie.com. He's at the end of the video that starts with me wearing a black sweater. I giggle every time I watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment